My goals and dreams that have already manifested:
- baptism (yesss!!!)
- discipleship (YESSS!!!)
- love to myself
- thanksgiving toward all the individuals who have inspired me
- positive outlook on life ^o^
- daily morning exercise routine
- remission from Graves’ Disease !! (yeas thyroidddddd ^o^)
- Michigan (Go Blue）
- relationships (family, friends, bf) that last
- hardworking work ethic
- kindness to the world
- love to the world
- summer internship (yes yes yes yes)
- good food and sweet cravings (Tyler, don’t forget about the lifetime cheesecake factory membership that you promised me !!!)
- sharing my life with Tyler
Rituals that may be ideal for me:
- writing a gratitude journal (been doing that for a long, long time)
- attending weekly service (been doing that for a long, long time)
- be nicer to my boyfriend (….how can I be nicer though?)
- attending Nino’s D-group (been doing that)
- sleeping early (..this one is tough, but I’m up for the challenge)
- going to the gym regularly (thanks Tyler.)
- give thanks to God on a daily basis (need to do this more often)
- give thanks to Tyler on a daily basis (because weekly isn’t enough)
- give thanks to family in China (b/c I love youuuu)
- videochat with my friends in China on a weekly basis !!!!
To whom will I send love:
3 people I love:
3 people who upset me:
- William Berger (thankful that he stopped cursing in class)
- I don’t really get upset … so nobody left …
3 people who I admire and are grateful for
- Jesus (IT COUNTS, OK, DON’T ARGUE WITH ME)
- Cece (be going strong since 2003, bb)
- Tyler (I admire your kind heart, strong soul, hardworking work ethic, faithful dedication and much more. I’m so thankful to have you by my side, through thick and thin. )
Today’s (and Everyday’s) Random Acts of Kindness:
- gave my roommate compliments (I do it daily, but it’s ok, it counts !)
- smiling first when running into strangers (I do it daily, but it’s ok, it counts!)
- told another Econ 251 GSI that even though the stereotypes toward math majors are negative, I know that math majors are actually as kind as everybody else, and they are amongst the smartest, most forgiving and most creative!!!
- told my food that it’s awesome 🙂 🙂 🙂
- told Pastor Nino that he is awesome 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 for leading H2O and putting together this D-group 🙂
For the celebration, I am going to write TY cards to the people who helped me. These people include my dad (thx for bearing my shit for 20 years, and now it’s on to Tyler #sorrynotsorry, but aren’t you happy,) Tyler (thx babe, for bringing out the best in me, I’m so proud of not killing you) my lecturers at the university (thx for broadening my knowledge spectrum and teaching me,) my friends here (Xavier, Akhila, Akira, Austin, Cody …) (thx for always being by my side,) my friends in Shanghai (thx for being with me since day 1! I love you all, and thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What old story have I been telling that isn’t serving me? How does this story make me feel?
In the past, when people asked me about my mother, I would evade the topic or simply tell them that my mom doesn’t want to raise me. This story made me feel unworthy and even worthless! I was kind of victimizing myself.
What new story will you begin telling? How does this story make you feel?
The new story that I began telling over the last few months (wow, this happened not far ago) was that even though my mother did not take part in my life after birth, I am still thankful for the fact that she gave me a life and that from her behaviors, I have learnt what not to do to my future kids. I have an especially loving father, grandparents and aunt and uncle and cousin who extremely and especially loves me. This story makes me feel loved.
My list of ways to showcase my inspiration includes writing diaries, forming a “goal collage,” listening to and singing beautiful songs, watching cute videos and so on. The one I just did was forming the goal collage.
The photo above is the collage that I just formed. Here are the significance of each photo, starting from the top left.
- Loving and being loved by Tyler.
- Loving and being loved by my grandpa.
- Loving and being loved by my dad.
- AHHHHH Loving and being loved by my #1 sister wife. From 2003 – 2017, we are going strong !!!!!!!!!!
- Loving and being loved by HKX. Again, it’s an honor to know you and your mother at the Shanghai Book Fair 2 years ago. I’m so glad that I’m still in deep connections with you !!!
- Caring for my neighbor, who is basically my son. I’ve known him since 2004.
- Loving and being loved by Shanghai.
- Loving and being loved by my cat.
- Loving and being loved by my God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I didn’t receive an email about this project since day 3 and neglected to check on the tut site then, and thus this is the two-day late day 3 post.
Here are some juicy details to my day 1 big areas:
- spirituality: knowing Jesus on a deeper level and giving my foremost love and trust to him
- love: loving God, my family, Tyler, my friends and this whole world!
- adventure: trying my best in new activities
- abundance: be abundant with spirituality, love and material
- health: to cure from Graves’ and be fully healthy !!!
The first theme I’m choosing is to be spiritually empowered. I have witnessed God’s glory through out my life, at my worst and best times. I cannot wait to witness what God has in planfor me in the New Year !!!
The second theme I am choosing is to love abundantly and receive back the amount of love that is just as abundant as the kind that I’m giving out. This is important to me because I want to fill up the world with love. Love is the most powerful and most infectious kind of force that can spread from person to person, person to nature, person to object … and vice versa. I intend to fill the whole world with love by starting to fill my world with love.
My third theme would be to be healthy! I’ve been having a chronic autoimmune illness for more than half a decade now. It’s a bummer, but I am thankful to have truly witness God from this journey and lived on; I am thankful that my health now is so much better than my health from 6 years ago. I couldn’t even walk before, and now I am able-bodied! I had super speedy metabolism and was constantly hungry before, and now I’m able to feel food in my body! I was always tired back then and would sleep for 12 hours per day, and now my restlessness is getting better. I know a healthy body is the most important key to keep my daily functions running besides my faith in Christ, and so I am seeking full recovery from Graves’ in the new year!